Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The new Trend of Select Position

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Launcelot

PostSubject: The new Trend of Select Position   Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:32 pm

I just Read this Select Position post in Korean Fate Another Website, Im just translating it to English.

This is Trend of Kalimdor Select Position now days. (Its based on 5v5 , DM SP Mode)

I think that most of you guys know about this trend, but just for those who dont play much SP Games, I am writing this Post. To start with Select Position is seperating Characters to Balance Both Team. (To Assure there are no Zerker and Archer in Same Team.) First Pick are decided by RPS, and Order is WLWLL.

Select Position Game is mostly Zerker etc vs Archer etc; so Its most important to get Archer or Zerker as first pick. (Note by kazuto: Note that Mostly, Getting zerker if you got first pick is more common than getting Archer . SINCE GH is overpowered)

If You pick Zerker first, You will most likely pick either Rider or FA, but people picks rider more than fa.
If You pick Archer first, You will most likely pick Lancelot or Caster to counter Zerker.

In Past Game of Select Position, game was mostly

Gilgamesh FA Zerker Saber Lancer vs Archer Caster(Lancelot) Rider DS Tsin

but Because of usage of ZL and usage of Rider and Zerker, FA, who was known for strongest firepower in Game, now denied to pick since ZL can easily counter FA and Rider Zerker is stronger than FA Zerker. So For assassin class Game nowadays is mostly Tsin versus ZL, and no one use FA. (Note from Kazuto: WTF?)

I have borned to Kill FA.

However, because there was some nerf for ZL, trend might change, but in my opinion (writer's), FA, who is much harder to play than Tsin and ZL, will not be use that much.

Most common Character combinations is

Gilgamesh Berserker Rider DS (Saber) Tsin vs Archer Caster Lancer ZL Saber (DS)

There was Berserker Rider ZL combination, but apperantly people dont use it that common.

Old Style Berserker is Blink C Wall nine OR C nine (on enemy without Blink), which rely on Berserker's player's skill to land Nine perfectly, but Because of usage of Rider Zerker combination , instead of focusing Accuracy of Blink C Wall nine and Zerker player's skill, Zerker player should focus onTiming. When To use Nine. (How Accurate he can work with Rider's Q)

Now Rider player not only use Q to Stop skills (Enkidu, Blink C RB, TG, Gae buidhe ... etc) , He must work with Zerker's nine.

For Archer Caster ZL .. Caster player mostly upgrade Strengthen Skeletons at early rounds (which requires 4000 gold in Castle) , Use skellys to get sight all over the Map, and use BP RB Combination OR ZL's Gae buidhe to instantly kill one and run away.

Its quite Hard to turn over the Game even with AMP if You are losing against Archer Caster ZL ... (Note from Kazuto: I really am not sure if Writer meant that Its hard for Zerker's Team To turn over the Game If they are losing to Archer's Team OR Its Hard to turn over the game FOR Archer's Team even if Archer's Team has Amp. Direct Translation said that Its Hard for Zerker's Team but, I think Writer meant opposite)

Also Its Harder to play with Archer Caster ZL Team because Zerker Rider is really strong.

Added by Writer:

FA is of Course Strong.

However You Cant really use FA Unless You have player that can Rank Recharge (C , B, A scrolls) quickly, Know when to use Q seal, and Use Amp Wisely. However I hardly saw FA player who meet All these requirements. Compare to FA, Tsin Player Do not require much skill. Also You can CAMP out If you Have Tsin. (Assassination) Thus, you pick Tsin over FA in most case.

I'm Sasaki Kojiro. Most Handful and Weakest Character in F/A

------------

This should really helps.

Now Comment from me.

Zerker Rider is strongest combination in F/A. I havent seen SINGLE Zerker and Rider who were managed to use Pull Nine perfectly in East Server. If Rider's Q and Zerker's nine effectively done, the damage is devastating, and of course, you cant dodge it. so, for Archer's team, Caster is most important character for Archer ZL Caster Team to Save Team from Nine and Bell.

Now myself commenting about Writer's comment about FA.
Evil or Very Mad

FA is probably strongest character just like writer said. 1500 Pure Damage that ignore MC is extremely powerful against ANY character in FA. However, ZL Is extremely strong Against FA.

If the Best FA player and 2nd best ZL player meet ZL Player will most likely Win. No Matter how good one is on FA, ZL is just extremely powerful against FA that There is hardly any chance that FA will survive Against ZL. (Even with Amp) Personally if I play FA, and I meet ... let's say Dun, since Dun is overall one of the best player in East. Personally I dont think there is single person who is better than me when it comes to FA and ZL. However, if I play FA and Dun play ZL, there is hardly any chance that I can do much things all Game.

ZL is, character that meant to kill FA, is my personal opinion. Character like Tsin can be counter by Link or A Rank, but if ZL Stalk FA every rounds, FA can hardly do anything unless his teammate really stay near him and help him.

Some people put FA as one of the hardest character player in F/A, not only because it has so much things that he must work on (Rank Recharge Q seal timing AMP usage etc) but also it has such low hp and can be killed EVEN with A and B on.

People dont tend to use FA a Lot, even if you have player that can properly play FA, it can be counter by ZL easily. Also, FA do not have Promised Kill like Tsin. Thus People Pick Tsin over FA.

Last edited by Launcelot on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macgrady

PostSubject: Re: The new Trend of Select Position   Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:22 am

Just wondering, if you picked lancelot as zerk counterpick wouldn't you lose out a bit in early game since lancelot can only use RB at level 5 and nine at level 9. Though ZL's double spear was nerfed, given a good player he can still kill FA easily even if both were given amp and both uses it at the same time. Late game MELEE by ZL with combo would've killed FA within few seconds time unless he uses heal mantra.

IMO, since TA doesn't get nerfed both both FA and ZL get nerfed, he's at least more useful now considering TA can stalk ZL all the time. Not to mention TA will be able to use the Zabaniya 2 to support allies as well. Meh just my 2 cents xd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n00bkuh

PostSubject: Re: The new Trend of Select Position   Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:01 am

nice

good job translating it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: The new Trend of Select Position   Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:15 pm

macgrady wrote:
Just wondering, if you picked lancelot as zerk counterpick wouldn't you lose out a bit in early game since lancelot can only use RB at level 5 and nine at level 9. Though ZL's double spear was nerfed, given a good player he can still kill FA easily even if both were given amp and both uses it at the same time. Late game MELEE by ZL with combo would've killed FA within few seconds time unless he uses heal mantra.

IMO, since TA doesn't get nerfed both both FA and ZL get nerfed, he's at least more useful now considering TA can stalk ZL all the time. Not to mention TA will be able to use the Zabaniya 2 to support allies as well. Meh just my 2 cents xd

Lancelot has been a very popular coutnerpick in the contemporary SP due to his ability to tank, support (nine, gae bolg) and survive (2nd attribute). Comparatively, caster has an edge in the beginning of the game mostly due to the fact that lancelot cannot do much at least until level 5 but this edge is quite minimal so it ultimately comes down to what kind of team chemistry you want to have and what the players are more familiar with in terms of their servant usage.

This however, is not to say that Caster is not an formidable opponent. With Lancelot, while you will have a devastating Nine support (for field and UBW) along with amazing abilities to tank, you lose out on Caster's sacrifice and silence along with her mantra silence on rule breaker.

I particularly like this patch because this finally balanced out the assassin classes. FA/ZL/TA are now on a very similar level, so instead of ragepicking ZL all the time, all teams can give a careful consideration in terms of what would work the best for their team chemistry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester

PostSubject: Re: The new Trend of Select Position   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 am

Lets all just rage aim kok, problem solved
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Trend of Select Position   

Back to top Go down

The new Trend of Select Position