Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Overall Review of Allstar Match

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Launcelot

PostSubject: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Im not sure if all of you watched Replay of allstar Match, but just by looking at the members who played in Game, I think you guys could tell how high quality of Game that would went. l46kok, Dun.Arcturus, Ronschi, Fireflasher, Gloomysheep, Aneq, Laruku, Squally, Hero999, Haru[love]lin, Macfail, Sejun, and myself. Real Best of BEST. It cant get any better than this.

Just like Kok said during player draft, "Every single Players are so good that I dont know who to pick." This game was Great Game except some parts. I would like to take this chance to list some of the problems in Allstar Match.

1. 6v6 DM SP?

Personally I suggested 5v5 DM Sp, but when we actually created the Game and People joined, the members were just TOO GOOD that we couldnt imagine kicking one. However 6 versus 6 DM SP, I think its still quite imbalanced. Also, 5v5 SP shows much more teamplay Game than 6v6. There are too many characters and skills going on in 6v6 that rather than teamplay, its more of Luckbased and Fun base game.

2. Why so NOT Serious?

I guess we couldnt help it since the Match was not that competitive. Just like Hero or Laruku said, match "is(was) Not intense." If this match was tourney Match, I think it could have been much more intense, since Loss can make you out of tour, but because this was even match and didnt really made people to think that "We have to win the match," I think match was not as intense as it should have been.

3. Do you know who I am?

I think this was probably the biggest reason that Match wasnt that "GREAT." Its because players hardly know each others. Even represntatives hardly know about players that they dont even know Which characters that player is Good at. For instance, Im pretty expert in Assassin class and Berserker class characters. Kok is pretty good at Archer class, Dun is good at Saber Class and jumper class.. etc. For instance, I can play Any other class, (like jumpers or saber) but I am Much better when I play Assassin and Zerker class.

Class - Characters.
Saber Class (Saber, DS)
Archer class (Garcher, Gilgamesh)
Berserker Class (Lancelot, Berserker)
Jumpers Class (Rider, Lancer)
Assassin Class (FA, ZL, Tsin)
Extra (Caster, Avenger)

I think the game could have gone way better if Represantives know his teammates more.

Anyway even though there were problems I think the Game was Very nice. I plan to do more matches like this. (Next Allstar Match will be After upcoming Tour, so probably after A month or later) If you have any concerns/Suggestions/Ideas about this Allstar Match feel free to leave a Reply on this thread.

Thanks to everyone who participated on Allstar Match, and Especially more Thanks to Dun, Kok for Participating as Represantitve and doing more works than others.

Last edited by Launcelot on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d3z
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 am

Personally I like the idea of a weekly all star match.

Simply have a large pool of good players, and a weekly time to show up. Representatives can be chosen based on the people that show up. An official or unofficial weekly meet-up.

Basically, just a time people can choose to meet up to increase the likelihood of good games, with no mandatory attendance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macgrady

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:41 am

We have ourselves another Tour? Btw....why am I Macfail? T_T You and kok....QQ making me T_T all day long. Btw, I'm good with 1-18 gilga 1-18 caster! lololololololol Well, I'm better in playing Zerker , FA , ZL , Lancelot and Caster though I play the support role most of the time >> I suggest every weekly all star game too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am

so will furtle shoutcast it with commentary? D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodoshi

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:41 am

if you mean the last ufw-nff allstar match then he has already shoutcasted it adding another replay with clan saki vs another clan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kodoshi.co.jp
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 pm

I played caster Very Happy:D:D:D

And pwned Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
macgrady

PostSubject: Re: Overall Review of Allstar Match   Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 am

l46kok wrote: