HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

wcstrings (porting translations tool)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
d3z
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Experimental update.

The newest two commands now have two separate files for each object data file's strings. One is the source ("src") file which should not be modified, the other is the translation ("tl") file which should be modified. It is important that the filenames are not changed.

The string export/import commands for the .wts and .j files remain unchanged (the source and translation strings are both in the same strings file).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

Location : Garena : WC3 RPG -> Malaysia -> War 3 Custom Map : FSN ROOM

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Having problems here. How should I use extract all object data strings command for just one map? i.e the untranslated source map (it was never translated)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d3z
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:37 am

You should be able to specify the same map three times to export the source strings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Okay, tried running
d:\wcs\wcstrings.exe a tba.w3x tba.w3x tba.w3x blah
and got two .lua files with a bunch of

Code:
-- Source language string already occurred earlier; skipped.

Couldn't find any Chinese characters to translate in it. Map concerned is TBA 2.095,
mediafire.com ?gynytjqtowj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d3z
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Seems I cannot download the map from the link you gave.

Also, make sure your editor is capable of displaying whatever language's characters along with UTF-8 (without the BOM) format (Notepad++ (unicode version) in Applocale seems to work fine for me).

Alright, I was able to find the map on epicwar. It is probably the case that the makers used some sort of tool to place the object data in a modified format into different files than wcstrings expects (a format/file besides the default that the WE uses).

wcstrings does not support maps that have object data in formats other than the default, so you cannot use it for this map.

The file format that map uses for its object data is rather simple, though. I could probably write a converter for it easily enough, so that the map is in a format wcstrings expects. We will see what happens, I suppose.

Here is the format they appear to be using:
Quote :
[AHbz]
Name=`暴风雪
Buttonpos=,2
Art=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBlizzard.blp
ResearchArt=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBlizzard.blp
Animnames=stand,channel
Tip=暴风雪(|cffffcc00B|r) - [|cffffcc00等级 1|r],暴风雪(|cffffcc00B|r) - [|cffffcc00等级 2|r],暴风雪(|cffffcc00B|r) - [|cffffcc00等级 3|r]
Ubertip=召唤出6次的冰片攻击,每一次攻击能对一小块区域内的单位造成30的伤害值。",召唤出8次的冰片攻击,每一次攻击能对一小块区域内的单位造成40的伤害值。",召唤出10 次的冰片攻击,每一次攻击能对一小块区域内的单位造成50的伤害值。"
Researchtip=学习暴风雪(|cffffcc00B|r) - [|cffffcc00等级 %d|r]
Researchubertip=能召唤出若干次冰片攻击,对目标区域内的单位造成一定的伤害。|n|n|cffffcc00等级 1|r -6次攻击,每次造成30点的伤害。|n|cffffcc00等级 2|r -8次攻击,每次造成40点的伤害。|n|cffffcc00等级 3|r -10次攻击,每次造成50点的伤害。"
Researchhotkey=B
Hotkey=B
Order=blizzard

For now, you will either have to translate manually by finding those object files in the map (via an MPQ editor or some such), or find some other method.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Alrighty then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wcstrings (porting translations tool)   

Back to top Go down

wcstrings (porting translations tool)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2