Clan UFW

Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brogath

PostSubject: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 am

FINALLY i managed to get the script to do as i want and i can save it with my editor. that way i should be able to fully edit the entire map.

i just simply exported and imported each file i had already translated and so far there are several odd changes (so i assume there will be more bugs as well):
-the minimap is now actually the map instead of the fate logo, making localization easier for new ppl (guess i lost the minimap somewhere in the deprotection process)
-the bridges gate now spawn at the beginning of the map, really annoying to cross the bridge. (the trigger next to it still works, but it adds simply a second gate XD )

if i'm not all to busy the next few days, i may be able to pull the script more into a readable format and change the script based strings (like the team/game mode voting system and scoreboard)

it are still 20000 lines of text, but i can finally read it...
Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe Axe

Last edited by Brogath on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tom any axes :P)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 pm

This project wont be allowed to be used in our clan, because I'm pretty sure you haven't got the permission from GIDO123. Therefore, we can't accept your translated map.

Also, l46kok has already got permission and he will be releasing an official translated version when gido allows him soon enough,

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:57 am

it is true i have no official permission but not for the lack of trying. i have send multiple e-mails to each original author regarding the subject but never received any response of any kind.

and although i can say its a shame it will not be used among the clan, it was a project to allow new people to learn it or allow them to play it to a certain extend so i cannot say my work is for nothing.

regarding l46kok already making one, he could have told me XD

nonetheless i will continue working on it. if not for any useful purpose, it will be a good learning process about script examination Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:24 am

Zero wrote:
This project wont be allowed to be used in our clan, because I'm pretty sure you haven't got the permission from GIDO123. Therefore, we can't accept your translated map.

Also, l46kok has already got permission and he will be releasing an official translated version when gido allows him soon enough,

He won't approve it. He has absolutely no intention of releasing the map into English.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
Yden

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:38 am

l46kok wrote:
Zero wrote:

He won't approve it. He has absolutely no intention of releasing the map into English.
He really should update the map description then

Quote :

??: Clan FSS IRC: #FSS
CAFE: www.w3fate.wo.to
*We are making Chinense Version and English Version
Thanks for playing this game. So, Wait a second. please
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Rakash

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:24 pm

So, we're not allowed to play English because the creator doesn't want it in English?

What a faggot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuIe

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:55 pm

screw the creator
we play on east!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cat

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 am

I wonder why gido wouldn't want fate to be translated since he gave White the permission on the previous vers.
I don't really care, but an english vers would surely bring more people in the fate community, that can't be bad imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:59 am

Black_Cat wrote:
I wonder why gido wouldn't want fate to be translated since he gave White the permission on the previous vers.
I don't really care, but an english vers would surely bring more people in the fate community, that can't be bad imo.

Fate/Another II is copyrighted <_<"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_Cat

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 am

LightburneR wrote:

Fate/Another II is copyrighted <_<"

Huh, did I say the contrary?
I just don't understand why gido wouldn't want Fate/another II to be translated when he was agree for the first vers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:47 am

Just pointing that out, so you "technically" aren't allowed to translate and "officially" release the map without his permission etc etc etc blah blah <Insert Copyright Laws here>

Well, as for why gido wouldn't agree, I don't know, you'll have to ask kok, but then again, he might not know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rakash

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Eh, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Unless he's going to be severely butthurt by someone translating his game in a game based on a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Is it even possible to copyright a war3 map since the engine belongs to Blizzard to run it in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
tuIe

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 pm

hmm....
we could use it for random pub games... just to give them some idea of what's going on
it will give some pubbies chance to actually understand and play f/a for once >_>
but of course, original maps should be used for all inhouse games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Who knows <_<, I don't read copyright laws in my free time you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Some clarification-

He wants the map to be released in English. This is for sure. He just doesn't have any INTENTION of letting it happen anytime soon due to the addition of 4th grail war characters.

And no, there is ABSOLUTELY no such thing as copyrighting a wc3 map. People claim that nonsense to avoid deprotection.

I will gather a team to release the map in English once I know for sure it's a stable version which won't be changed for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:59 pm

l46kok wrote:

<_________________________<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

Location : Garena : WC3 RPG -> Malaysia -> War 3 Custom Map : FSN ROOM

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 am

l46kok wrote:
I will gather a team to release the map in English once I know for sure it's a stable version which won't be changed for a long time.

I smell another False Assassin debate coming along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:54 am

Jenkins wrote:
l46kok wrote:

I smell another False Assassin debate coming along.
if you need any, i can assist. (got experience with the map anyway XD )

and that retarded false/true discussion should be ignored, just call em by their name, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 am

Their names should be where Hero Names are.

Their ranks should still be their respective ranks actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratstsrub

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 am

I can almost assure you that the stupid False issue darkness decided to make up won't be an issue here...

Unless kok decides to troll us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 am

ratstsrub wrote:
I can almost assure you that the stupid False issue darkness decided to make up won't be an issue here...

Unless kok decides to troll us all.

I'd like to inform you that there is NO such rank as True Assassin.

Unless you'd like to tell me there are 8 ranks (excluding Avenger) now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratstsrub

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 am

Assassin (Hassan)

Don't be obtuse.

In anycase:

Spoiler:

In case you can't read it, that's "True Assassin".

You've got no backing from anything other than, "IT DOESN'T MATTER, IT'S JUST A NAME." which is contradicted by your, "I WANT IT THIS WAY."

But we're getting offtopic D:.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:40 am

-_-

In case some of us haven't figured out.......

Edit: No, there is no such rank as "True" Assassin.

Neither is there a rank such as "False" Assassin.

"True"/"False" are both for the purpose to differenciate.

In the VN, (if he says he is "true"; don't recall the specifics) it is ALSO to differenciate, but for a different reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratstsrub

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:43 am

Are you seriously blind?

Quote :
Assassin (Hassan)

Really? That's like, right up there. Do you see me putting a "True" in front of that?

Huh?

Now, the issue of True/False. Like I said, you've got nothing on False. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.   

Back to top Go down

Fate/Antoher 2 english translation progress.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next