Clan UFW

Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What title should we address Sasaki Kojiro by in the f/a wiki?
Assassin
78%
 78% [ 14 ]
False Assassin
22%
 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Jenkins

Location : Garena : WC3 RPG -> Malaysia -> War 3 Custom Map : FSN ROOM

PostSubject: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:43 am

Since there's a debate over at the Fate/Another Wiki thread about this, we'll decide with a vote.
Note : Remember, this is about the Wiki, not about what we call him ingame where we can call him tarzan if we wanted to.

I think we should just call him Assassin. He's not exactly a fake so we shouldn't call him False.

5 days, go.

Reminding again, this is about the Wiki.

Okay seems like Darkness made a poll in the wikia. You need to register to vote. Voting ends Nov 30th.
http://fateanother.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_/_Another_Wiki:Change_the_Name_of_False_Assassin_to_Assassin

Last edited by Jenkins on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hero999

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:27 pm

in the end u could just call ta true assassin and fa just plain assassin >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 pm

no, you guys are retarded, the whole fucking reason they look in wiki is so they can learn how to play them. if we start calling him assassin, ingame nubs wont understand FA and they get more confused, just keep it simple gais, call him false assassin. Note: Remember, the wiki isnt suppose to be fucking fsn accurate, excalibur didnt do 1700 dmg in the visual novel, just because this is a wiki doesnt mean it had to be perfectly accurate, it should moreso address the problem for noobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manlir

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:14 pm

arthuria wrote:
no, you guys are retarded, the whole fucking reason they look in wiki is so they can learn how to play them. if we start calling him assassin, ingame nubs wont understand FA and they get more confused, just keep it simple gais, call him false assassin. Note: Remember, the wiki isnt suppose to be fucking fsn accurate, excalibur didnt do 1700 dmg in the visual novel, just because this is a wiki doesnt mean it had to be perfectly accurate, it should moreso address the problem for noobs.

wow thats so fail. how is calling assassin by his real title gonna confuse people. if there are people out there who gets confused because we call assassin by his actual title, assassin, then we dont need them. and its 1800 dmg noob.

randomly flame people more plz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:53 pm

no malir, you dont even get my point, the thing is, the wiki is suppose to help people play the map FATE/ANOTHER IN WHICH MANY EASTERN PLAYERS SUBNAME KOJIRO AS FA, it would be confusing to NOOBS not PROS if we say Assassin, and they dont catch the abbreviation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rakash

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:32 pm

arthuria wrote:
no malir, you dont even get my point, the thing is, the wiki is suppose to help people play the map FATE/ANOTHER IN WHICH MANY EASTERN PLAYERS SUBNAME KOJIRO AS FA, it would be confusing to NOOBS not PROS if we say Assassin, and they dont catch the abbreviation.

Pssht.

If anything, we should teach them how to buy items first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Rakash wrote:
arthuria wrote:

Pssht.

If anything, we should teach them how to buy items first.
IMO it's a wiki. If you really want people to call him FA then add a section with nicknames and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Kiri_No_Haku

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm

It's Fake Assassin, not False Assassin, noobs! He doesn't have a noble phantasm so he's a faker just like archer and TUIE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 pm

It doesn't matter whether the people would prefer to call the servant assassin or fake assassin.

It's a wikipedia article, you MUST stick to the original name assigned by Type-Moon.

No exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
TakizawaAkira

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:29 pm

l46kok wrote:
It doesn't matter whether the people would prefer to call the servant assassin or fake assassin.

It's a wikipedia article, you MUST stick to the original name assigned by Type-Moon.

No exception.
I like what Yden said. It should be "original name" then IGN (In game name aka nicknames etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:30 pm

TakizawaAkira wrote:
l46kok wrote:

No exception.
I like what Yden said. It should be "original name" then IGN (In game name aka nicknames etc.)

supportive of this idea, all im saying is, think about the noobs who dont know the spells and shit, were not directing this wiki towards pros
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:52 pm

If Assassin and True Assassin is confusing, the confusion would at most last a short while - then they'll get used to the two names.

If there are people who read the VN then play this for the first time, False Assassin would irk them till they end up editing the wiki renaming False Assassin to Assassin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Jenkins wrote:
If there are people who read the VN then play this for the first time, False Assassin would irk them till they end up editing the wiki renaming False Assassin to Assassin.

i doubt that, i really do, it only irks you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 pm

arthuria wrote:
Jenkins wrote:

i doubt that, i really do, it only irks you guys
IMO it irks a lot of The Beast's Lair and that's pretty much the biggest english speaking Type Moon community
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Since it is a wikipedia article, you can always have the article redirected if someone puts FA or False Assassin as the search words.

For the main title of the article, you need to stick with the original name of the Fate / Stay Night as this is a map BASED from Fate / Stay Night. This is so that the new players do not get confused from the unique and independent naming conventions which the experienced players may use (MIND YOU THAT THIS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO EAST & EUROPE PLAYERS). There simply is no reason to make "False Assassin" or "Fake Assassin" as the main and conventional name.

Read the following article about naming titles.

General Naming Conventions

And most importantly

Video Game Related Naming Conventions
Back to top Go down
Manlir

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 am

im waiting for the time limit on the poll to fin. then if the title Assassin wins im gonna change it if someone else doesnt beat me to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 am

Sure. I'll change Gilgamesh to Archer while we're at it <_<.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:31 am

LightburneR wrote:
Sure. I'll change Gilgamesh to Archer while we're at it <_<.

Read Characters, Section 2 on the Naming Convention for Video Games

When the common name in another media is far more iconic, that name should be used (for example Ash Ketchum instead of Ash).
Back to top Go down
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:36 am

But D: Wikipedia =/= Wikia!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manlir

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 am

well (insert name of the guy editing the wikia) could just do wat white's guide (i look after it now though) does which is have it as Archer (emiya shirou) and Archer (Gilgamesh) or Berserker (hercules) and Berserker (lancelot) etc...

Last edited by Manlir on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 am

Omega???

???

Lol what?

Sorry but the person making the Wikia isn't even on this forum.

To clear up any misconceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 am

Darkness made a poll in the wiki. You have to register to vote, though. Voting ends Nov 30th.
http://fateanother.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_/_Another_Wiki:Change_the_Name_of_False_Assassin_to_Assassin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodoshi

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:41 am

Assassin = sin

True Assassni: tsin/ta
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kodoshi.co.jp
TakizawaAkira

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Created a "compromise" section to the debate thread / page / whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 am

did i hear my name? WHAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!   

Back to top Go down

[WIKIA] False Assassin or Assassin? Vote!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next