Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aneq

PostSubject: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:16 pm

So, is there any way to contact kok or squally? An e-mail adress would do fine. Hopefully they still browse those forums so I'll leave a message, and I'll send an email later if one of you fags still browsing this forum are kind enough to give me an adress.
I know you guys suspended your fate standalone project, as kok explained in his blog post from october. It's no easy task to build a standalone game from scratch in your spare time, especially one that would be actually graphically appealing. (come on, we all know its important). However, I want you to take a look at this : http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding/search?q=worldsmith&restrict_sr=on
I think it's the better call using this, though it is much in progress as of now. Oh and make sure you bring it to attention of the korean f/a community. If you guys still judge the time you're willing to spend on bringing f/a beyond the limitations of wc3 engine not sufficient, then maybe someone in the kr f/a community will work on this instead.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabet2

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 am

aneq wrote:
So, is there any way to contact kok or squally? An e-mail adress would do fine. Hopefully they still browse those forums so I'll leave a message, and I'll send an email later if one of you fags still browsing this forum are kind enough to give me an adress.
I know you guys suspended your fate standalone project, as kok explained in his blog post from october. It's no easy task to build a standalone game from scratch in your spare time, especially one that would be actually graphically appealing. (come on, we all know its important). However, I want you to take a look at this : http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding/search?q=worldsmith&restrict_sr=on
I think it's the better call using this, though it is much in progress as of now. Oh and make sure you bring it to attention of the korean f/a community. If you guys still judge the time you're willing to spend on bringing f/a beyond the limitations of wc3 engine not sufficient, then maybe someone in the kr f/a community will work on this instead.
Cheers

Good idea Aneq but...
If you didnt realise yet this forum hates Polish people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 am

Does it?
Never noticed it, maybe it started after i quit visiting this forum on a regular basis, or it just never happenned to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:52 am

aneq wrote:
Does it?
Never noticed it, maybe it started after i quit visiting this forum on a regular basis, or it just never happenned to me

He's smoking weed.

I've heard about the dota2 editor and I'll reserve my full judgement until I throughly look at it but here's my two cents: Frankly, I'm more interested in building the game from scratch than use an existing platform largely to keep ourselves motivated and to learn something from the process. Unless if Worldsmith has something really unique to it, we unfortunately won't be considering it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
aneq

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 am

Fair enough.
Just don't keep us waiting too much, or there won't be much of a f/a community left. (Though its quite dead already)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabet2

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

aneq wrote:
(Though its quite dead already)

It's deaaaaaaaaad because I exist lolol
To be honest at moment we play fate only on weekends and only if we get like 4v4 cause people complain about playing 3v3's... Like they really have a choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronschi

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 am

OP is confirmed schnitzi

also stormy nob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaporaction

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 pm

I think building the game from scratch would probably revive the F/A community much better than keeping it on a platform you don't have any control over and whose updates could ruin the game/make it unplayable.

Even if it takes 10 years, as long as the game is in english, it'll probably be marketable to a wider audience and position itself to capture the same amount of % of people that the Korean F/A did.

Imo, at least. With enough work and social media contacts it could get publicity and hit the front page of steam and indie websites.

No reason to settle for the small community that is DoTA 2. Doing it as a standalone has the potential to reach millions of people instead of just thousands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabet2

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 am

Vaporaction wrote:
I think building the game from scratch would probably revive the F/A community much better than keeping it on a platform you don't have any control over and whose updates could ruin the game/make it unplayable.

Even if it takes 10 years, as long as the game is in english, it'll probably be marketable to a wider audience and position itself to capture the same amount of % of people that the Korean F/A did.

Imo, at least. With enough work and social media contacts it could get publicity and hit the front page of steam and indie websites.

No reason to settle for the small community that is DoTA 2. Doing it as a standalone has the potential to reach millions of people instead of just thousands.

Well none of us would probably play it in 10 years so I guess until that even Kok will get bored of Fate etc.
But i agree with you that's its not a bad idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:38 am

OK FURTLE, VALVE RELEASED OFFICIAL MAP EDITION TOOLS FOR DOTA2.
I DIDNT LOOK INTO IT MYSELF BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT ITS AS EASY TO USE AS WC3 MAP EDITOR AND IS PRETTY FUCKING POWERFUL (DOTA WORKSHOP TOOLS ALPHA IS THE FIRST RELEASE OF SOURCE2 ENGINE, THOUGH NOBODY SAID THAT OFICIALLY BECAUSE I THINK THEY'RE SAVING THAT OFFICIAL INFO FOR GAMESCOM LATER THIS MONTH)
ITS NOT OPTIMIZED YET, AND YOU NEED DX11 COMPATIBILE GPU AND 64 BIT SYSTEM TO RUN THE EDITOR
TL;DR = AS FAR AS CUSTOM MAPS ARE CONCERNED DOTA2 IS THE NEW WC3, START PORTING FATE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabet2

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:12 am

aneq wrote:
OK FURTLE, VALVE RELEASED OFFICIAL MAP EDITION TOOLS FOR DOTA2.
I DIDNT LOOK INTO IT MYSELF BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT ITS AS EASY TO USE AS WC3 MAP EDITOR AND IS PRETTY FUCKING POWERFUL (DOTA WORKSHOP TOOLS ALPHA IS THE FIRST RELEASE OF SOURCE2 ENGINE, THOUGH NOBODY SAID THAT OFICIALLY BECAUSE I THINK THEY'RE SAVING THAT OFFICIAL INFO FOR GAMESCOM LATER THIS MONTH)
ITS NOT OPTIMIZED YET, AND YOU NEED DX11 COMPATIBILE GPU AND 64 BIT SYSTEM TO RUN THE EDITOR
TL;DR = AS FAR AS CUSTOM MAPS ARE CONCERNED DOTA2 IS THE NEW WC3, START PORTING FATE

Apparently Dun started doing that not sure if its still happening thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dun

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Passing by to leave a note that it's still happening. Current plan is to get the alpha(as in, barely playable) version ready by the end of year with crunch time available after my finals.

As much as I like to push forward ASAP there's no need to rush since custom games will only become mainstream when Valve finally moves dota 2 main client to new engine and enables public lobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm just reading that now since I don't visit this forum very often.
BUT
Considering Dundamu wrote that on November 29 (Nov 30 is my birthday)
Chirstmas was like a week ago
Theres new year in few days
I thank you for such an awesome gift Dun Wink
I hope you realize how easy it'll be for this map to become really well known in dota2 community once EternalEnvy will know of it (hes a very popular otaku dota2 pro who also streams a lot)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n00bkuh

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 am

Dun wrote:
Passing by to leave a note that it's still happening. Current plan is to get the alpha(as in, barely playable) version ready by the end of year with crunch time available after my finals.

As much as I like to push forward ASAP there's no need to rush since custom games will only become mainstream when Valve finally moves dota 2 main client to new engine and enables public lobby.

good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dun

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:04 pm

The first WIP version was pushed on new year's day and is available to friends only. If you want to check it out add me on steam(try Dun1007 or hermit1007) and you should be able to search the map with Fate/Another keyword and download it by clicking on subscribe button.

You may be asked to patch dota 2 client in order to play custom games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberoy

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Holy shit Dun you've just become one of my favourite people that ever lived on this planet. I really hope you'll see this project through! Good luck to you man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:16 am

Dun is the hero UFW needs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)   

Back to top Go down

this forum so dead (PLEASE READ)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1