Clan UFW

Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 moved old wikia discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:45 am

In case anyone else, does NOT understand simple english, I'll say it ONE. Last. Time.

There is A reason to call him False Assassin, but I did NOT say that he was NOT Assassin.

He IS Assassin, but there is also REASON ENOUGH to call him False Assassin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 am

Jenkins wrote:
No, seriously, just call him Assassin IN THE WIKI. We're talking about the Wiki here, not how we call him ingame. Not to mention fa is just a nickname.

Also, there should be an extra bit in each servant page showing the heroes' true identity, in my opinion. ._.
That right there. The wiki should use the official names and maybe add a section for the nicknames/shorthands for the newer players.

On another note, can anyone read the Kanji in TA's name from this scan of the Fate/Tiger Colosseum Upper for me?

Spoiler:
 

In case you're wondering, Sasaki's name doesn't have the kanji in front.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:33 am

It's a Chinese word so I can read it (althought Japanese kanji as well)

Direct translation of that first word (真) would be "real". (although there are other meanings)

Anyway, the Wiki using "False" Assassin helps to differenciate both Assassins, so it has its benifits as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:31 am

LightburneR wrote:
It's a Chinese word so I can read it (althought Japanese kanji as well)

Direct translation of that first word (真) would be "real". (although there are other meanings)

Anyway, the Wiki using "False" Assassin helps to differenciate both Assassins, so it has its benifits as well.
IMO that's why we call hassan True Assassin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 am

Pretty much undisputed fact.

I doubt we'd have anyone trying to prove otherwise <_<"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:14 am

LightburneR wrote:
Pretty much undisputed fact.

I doubt we'd have anyone trying to prove otherwise <_<"
And that's my point too. You don't need to further differentiate the 2 sins if one of them is already differentiated with the word True. The main reason I've seen why he's call false/fake is so you can use FA instead of typing out assassin cause for some reason no one wants to type out sin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Manlir

avatar

Rank : Dark Saber(11) Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 107
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 am

europeans call him sin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 am

Manlir wrote:
europeans call him sin
I meant the failures who use FA are too lazy to type out sin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Arthuria

avatar

Rank : Berserker (10) Posts : 769
Join date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:41 pm

omfg, fsn nerd discussion, guys, just use FA to quickly distinguish kojiro from hassan, if you call him "Assassin" short abbreviation would be A "OMFG GAIS A A IS COMING! "WHAT?! WHO IS COMING?!" "A!" "YOUR MOM!" "LOLOLOPWND"
and just say TA for hassan, jesus, dont be so techincal about this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manlir

avatar

Rank : Dark Saber(11) Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 107
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm

arthuria wrote:
omfg, fsn nerd discussion, guys, just use FA to quickly distinguish kojiro from hassan, if you call him "Assassin" short abbreviation would be A "OMFG GAIS A A IS COMING! "WHAT?! WHO IS COMING?!" "A!" "YOUR MOM!" "LOLOLOPWND"
and just say TA for hassan, jesus, dont be so techincal about this

oh i read the poll first and now know why u fail. we dont call both hassan and sasaki assassin. we call hassasn TRUE assassin, shorten to ta or tsin, and sasaki Assassin, shorten to sin. (regardin his other post) vn didnt say excalibur did 1800 dmg BUT it did say sasaki was ASSASSIN and hassan TRUE ASSASSIN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

avatar

Rank : Berserker (10) Posts : 769
Join date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 pm

i call hassan TA too, you guys are making this way too convoluted, regarding kok's post in poll, i vehemently disagree, the wiki should follow fate/another, not actual fate/stay night. if you want accurate descriptions of f/sn, go to a REAL wiki about FATE/STAY NIGHT, not fate/another
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TakizawaAkira

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2009-08-01
Age : 23
Location : Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:34 pm

More importantly, this gay feud over False assassin/Assassin is NOT productive. Did you see the wiki? It was usually 2-3 characters a day. They should've completed the section on heroes already but it's not finished -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:35 pm

<_< Lies, more like an average of 0.5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manlir

avatar

Rank : Dark Saber(11) Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 107
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 am

arthuria wrote:
i call hassan TA too, you guys are making this way too convoluted, regarding kok's post in poll, i vehemently disagree, the wiki should follow fate/another, not actual fate/stay night. if you want accurate descriptions of f/sn, go to a REAL wiki about FATE/STAY NIGHT, not fate/another

regardless of whether or not the wiki follows fate another or fsn it should be assassin. sasaki's ACTUAL title is assassin. even fate another call sasaki assassin (its in kr but phonetically written to sound as assassin)


Last edited by Manlir on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:44 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratstsrub



Rank : Lancer (5) Posts : 175
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:39 am

"Waaaa! He's false to differentiate him from True! Because True Assassin and Assassin ain't different enough, and people are stupid, so of course he needs to be false!"

Waaa.

I'm about ready to abandon that fail wiki.

It's like all those "Eng" maps.

Fail fail, and more fails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:58 am

LightburneR wrote:
http://fateanother.wikia.com/wiki/Editing_guidelines

Apparently.
IMO Berserker would be right for Lancelot as well. Just something like Zero Berserker to differentiate the 2. It's not like I ever callec him Lancelot in game anyways (usually Lance, Lancey, or imbalot). It'd make a hell of a lot more sense to put an area with nicknames than to name the whole article with the nickname that not everyone uses.

Edit: and with the Gilga (the nickname I use for Gigamesh) being Archer argument, after his true identity was found out, he was rarely ever called Archer again, always by his true name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 am

ratstsrub wrote:
"Waaaa! He's false to differentiate him from True! Because True Assassin and Assassin ain't different enough, and people are stupid, so of course he needs to be false!"

Waaa.

I'm about ready to abandon that fail wiki.

It's like all those "Eng" maps.

Fail fail, and more fails.

Well, you're invited to whine all day long because of a single prefix. On a website with many, many others things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 am

LightburneR wrote:
ratstsrub wrote:
"Waaaa! He's false to differentiate him from True! Because True Assassin and Assassin ain't different enough, and people are stupid, so of course he needs to be false!"

Waaa.

I'm about ready to abandon that fail wiki.

It's like all those "Eng" maps.

Fail fail, and more fails.

Well, you're invited to whine all day long because of a single prefix. On a website with many, many others things.
The thing is it's pretty much the easiest to see because well it's the name of the whole article and everything that cross references Sasaki is under False Assassin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
ratstsrub



Rank : Lancer (5) Posts : 175
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:33 am

LightburneR wrote:
ratstsrub wrote:
"Waaaa! He's false to differentiate him from True! Because True Assassin and Assassin ain't different enough, and people are stupid, so of course he needs to be false!"

Waaa.

I'm about ready to abandon that fail wiki.

It's like all those "Eng" maps.

Fail fail, and more fails.

Well, you're invited to whine all day long because of a single prefix. On a website with many, many others things.

Blah blah blah. I've corrected so many mistakes on that site, it's this single stupid mistake that apparently the creator of the wiki won't admit is stupid and wrong.

"Oh it's just one single prefix."

Well change it then, if it's just that simple.

Oh wait, that's right. "I DUN WANNA"

Blah blah blah. Even the reasoning is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

avatar

Rank : Dark Saber (11) Posts : 284
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:18 pm

in my translation i simply use the class and then their name in brackets behind them:
Archer (Shirou)
Archer (Gilgamesh)
Beserker (Hercules)
Beserker (Lancelot)
Saber (Dark)
Saber (Arturia)
Assassin (Sabbah)
Assassin (Kojiro)

that way it will not matter is there will be a thousand more assassins, you always know which one you face. they are all under the same classes, just their name is different.

but besides, everyone here still knows who you mean when you say FA or TA, so who gives a DAMN that they are called different in some stupid list? maybe it is just me but the whole discussion seems retarded to me. call him the way you like, as long as others understand, it is fine...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TakizawaAkira

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2009-08-01
Age : 23
Location : Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Brogath wrote:
in my translation i simply use the class and then their name in brackets behind them:
Archer (Shirou)
Archer (Gilgamesh)
Beserker (Hercules)
Beserker (Lancelot)
Saber (Dark)
Saber (Arturia)
Assassin (Sabbah)
Assassin (Kojiro)

that way it will not matter is there will be a thousand more assassins, you always know which one you face. they are all under the same classes, just their name is different.

but besides, everyone here still knows who you mean when you say FA or TA, so who gives a DAMN that they are called different in some stupid list? maybe it is just me but the whole discussion seems retarded to me. call him the way you like, as long as others understand, it is fine...

this please
and btw you forgot to translate damage types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

avatar

Rank : Dark Saber (11) Posts : 284
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

i 'forgot' to translate a whole bunch of things.

that has one simple reason: i cannot change them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 33
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Brogath wrote:
i 'forgot' to translate a whole bunch of things.

that has one simple reason: i cannot change them.
You can, you just need to know where to look.

Edit: Advanced menu --> gameplay interface. All the stuff should be in there but it's a fairly long list to look through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
LightburneR

avatar

Posts : 673
Join date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:34 pm

ratstsrub wrote:
Blah blah blah. I've corrected so many mistakes on that site, it's this single stupid mistake that apparently the creator of the wiki won't admit is stupid and wrong.

"Oh it's just one single prefix."

Well change it then, if it's just that simple.

Oh wait, that's right. "I DUN WANNA"

Blah blah blah. Even the reasoning is stupid.

Well you can go create your own Wiki if you're so dis-satisfied with this one.

If you hate it stop much, STOP WHINING and make a better one.

Dark does everything in a rush and I don't have the time to check over everything immediately.

So if you don't like what we're doing, then don't bother.

-- I almost had to stop myself from flaming both on the Wikia and here.

I've run out of (nice) things to say. So don't poke me into saying anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: moved old wikia discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
moved old wikia discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
» Small units of Bloodbrides (discussion has now moved to wych load outs)
» Wrestling Discussion Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan UFW :: Fate / Another III :: Discussion-
Jump to: