Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nagisa-chan

PostSubject: Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am

It's known fact that Zero Lancer's Gae Buidhe ability (E) is over-powered in the Arena or FFA game because hp reduced is stackable. We can only protect by dmg with scrolls but hp is still reduced but I think this spear isn't really something like magic attack, more like psychical wound. To brought something new and realistic to Fate Another I suggest a little rework of Zero Lancer. It will allow people to do counter-builds..

My suggestion is:

Damage type of Gae Buidhe should be changed to psychical (This spell will become more early-game when people don't stack armor). Hp reduction is based on the damage done, capped by armor. Not like before, scroll blocks damage but you still get hp reduced. It makes non sense. Iff servant will be hitted hard because he doesn't wear armor, his unhealable wound will be hard.

Example:
Zero Lancer casts E on random servant with 0 armor. It deals 500 dmg and hp is reduced by 500.). But now RS gets 50% psychical damage reduction from armor.
Gae Buidhe with 500 base dmg, deals 250 dmg and hp is reduced also by 250, not by 500.

I think we'll see new kind of mechanic in fate another by spell like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josph

PostSubject: Re: Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework   Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

i think gae buidhe does need a small buff or over nerf (but whatever), changing it to physical results in a late game nerf to yellow spear, and particularly dual spear.

in saber's case, 25%(mr) of 700=125 damage reduced, so it's not that bad... magic based (it's not that bad of a reduction)

any hero with a default good armor type (zerker/ds) will reduce greatly including hp reduction. this applies for people who stacked armor as well....

overall i believe it's a late game nerf for dual/e and a slight boost early.

on flip side... dual spear and yellow in particularly; ignores scrolls/amp... it's a trade off

also why buff a move that's already strong early game move and make him ignore A/amp on hero's like fa where the move is already strong enough as it is.

Last edited by josph on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework   Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Gae Buidh is not rig, if you don't like the -700 hp, then go and hunt zl down that is all there is to it. Personally i even want each of his melee strike to reduce your hp by like 10 points per hit, which is find is much better since he does whack you with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Yggdrasil
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework   

Back to top Go down

Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe rework
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1