HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello,

I was having some troubles making v1.4 work (I sort of stopped playing for 2 years or so and randomly started to play again). The last version I played (and still have) is v1.3f (this one works fine, even now).

I tried both 1.4g and 1.4f (real. What is the difference between Real and Simple?), both have the same problem.

When I start the game it does not ask me to select Team or FFA (is this normal now? It did ask in 1.3f), just deathmatch/capture the flag and then into kill count / hero select type.

After the game begins, there are absolutely no creeps on the map regardless of what was picked, none of the portals leading into houses work (places that have 2 portals, like the church, will send me out the other one when I step in), and everybody's hero has 0 stats in everything (0 str, 0 agi, 0 int).

Many item descriptions, skill descriptions, and attribute descriptions will be mostly blank (barring some random numbers and symbols.) while others are perfectly fine (not sure if this is a result of "partially translated"?)

I've tried testing on various versions of WarIII (From 1.24d to 1.26) and I've always had the same result.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in game:

http://i43.tinypic.com/9a2vdt.png

From this screenshot you can see my hero has 0 stats and the Fate/Another help menu buttons contain some gibberish.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyuyung

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm

XGTNaple wrote:
When I start the game it does not ask me to select Team or FFA (is this normal now? It did ask in 1.3f), just deathmatch/capture the flag and then into kill count / hero select type.

l46kok removed Arena in the REAL version. Simple version still has Arena though o.o. Meaning, FFA is only for Arena.

XGTNaple wrote:
After the game begins, there are absolutely no creeps on the map regardless of what was picked, none of the portals leading into houses work (places that have 2 portals, like the church, will send me out the other one when I step in), and everybody's hero has 0 stats in everything (0 str, 0 agi, 0 int).

that's normal because creeps only spawn in arena, which has been removed. Portals only work for church and school in Deathmatch. At the beginning, you are suppose to start with 0 stats because you are level 1. You gain stats as the game progresses. ex. gaining a level, every 10minutes etc. You have to manually put the stats in using your 2nd hero (+ icon on top left) and select which stat you want.

XGTNaple wrote:
Many item descriptions, skill descriptions, and attribute descriptions will be mostly blank (barring some random numbers and symbols.) while others are perfectly fine (not sure if this is a result of "partially translated"?)

You probably have a English WC3 without Unicode (meaning it's Korean and you can't see it). It's translated into Korean while some are in English. That's because l46kok is translating the map from Korean to English, however it's not finished being translating and is currently still being updated by him.

Last edited by kaguhyphenya on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Ah, okay. That explains a lot.

I actually tried enabling "other language support" and set it to Korean and it didn't do anything (I guess that's only for player chat).

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyuyung

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:32 pm

yeah, you need to download a special program (unifont) to see it.

Unicode.rar Download (Mediafire)

Yden wrote:
Just extract that into the war3 directory and run setup.bat. No it won't do anything bad it just simply replaces the default war3 font with one that can display unicode.

Umm...If it doesn't work and screws up your WC3, just reinstall it.

If you want to know what .bat file does,

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

After installing it I get a storm.dll error when trying to launch War3 (Thankfully I backed up the old Storm.dll). After putting the old storm.dll back, I couldn't join or create any games (bounces me back to the previous menu). I had to put the war3_patch.mpq back to fix everything.

That's ok, I have my old non-English warIII sitting around somewhere, just need to find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyuyung

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 pm

ah... sorry ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

It's okay, thanks for the help Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyuyung

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 pm

btw, if you play battle.net, my username/ign is Kagu-YA[Tenguu]. my garena acc is kaguhyphenya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 am

I'm mostly on Garena, that's what most of my friends use. Although I have midterms coming up so I doubt I'll get to play a lot for a while.

What room do you guys mostly use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyuyung

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 am

UFW plays in USEast Clan UFW. Most of the garena games are held in Malaysia server fsn room 19 or taiwan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XGTNaple

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:42 pm

I see, thanks. I'll see if I can drop by sometime for a game. After midterms are over though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work   

Back to top Go down

Can't get Fate/Another 1.4 to work
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1