Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How will i know when to join a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
costas84

PostSubject: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:54 am

Yesterday i got up at 3 AM in the morning just to play this map, and i didnt know when to join or if there were any games at all, someone said i was late but there were still games going on, but i didnt know how to join them or when they start, so i didnt get the chance to play the map.

Can someone tell me how will i know when a game starts and how to join it?

How do i make the sound pack work with the map? Isnt that what its supposed to do?

Is there anyone from europe or US east(us west has too much time difference, one from us west can help me if hes free and if he wants to) that will mentor me(teach me the basics, as well as the hero i want to learn, just the things that can be tought) so that i can get better before i join my first fight against all other players?

I have a mic and everything to talking will be easier :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:32 am

impressive you got up at 3AM just to play the map.

i am from europe and even though i haven't played this map in a while i used to have a couple of games from an hour of 8PM. My time zone is GMT+1.

the way i noticed a game was about to start was a whole lot of spam like "gn ufw".
but usually there was a lot of squabbling of people asking others to actually host something even before a match would be up XD

as for your other question, i kind of suck since i'm to slow but i do know a bit of what each hero does since i translated the map a couple of times.
which VOIP program do you use? just having a mic does not help XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 am

I have every single VOIP program, or most of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am

if you have that many i presume you have something for either Mumble of TS3.

in about 2 hours ill have time to assist. just post/PM the server info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 am

I used to use these programs for old clans, now i dont use them anymore, so i dont know any channels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 am

Ok, i made sure i can host on Bnet again, ill be available in about an hour or so. tell me in what Bnet server and channel you will be and well take care of the rest then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 am

Brogath wrote:
Ok, i made sure i can host on Bnet again, ill be available in about an hour or so. tell me in what Bnet server and channel you will be and well take care of the rest then.

Lets meet in clan UFW at us east since we know it. Then we can talk there. Lets meet at the channel in about 2 hours from now on.

9 PM GMT +2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:13 am

I still need help on how to get games and how to actually join them. Can s1 help me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 am

ahhhh
you need to click on "custom game" icon (looks like a scroll) and then type the gamename there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 pm

No, not that.

How to get the Fate/Another games only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
le.sang

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

you mean map? or just in the search bar? They always host it in private then you won't find them in custom map list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm

How do i get the name of the game if its private???

I just want to join in the games when they are hosted.

But when they are i have no idea how to know the moment they are hosted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 pm

usually there is some squabbling before/after a game.

in the chat itself you could look for a command like "!priv ufw" or "!host ufw"
the ! could be something else but it usually looks something like that. The name behind the host-command is normally the game name.

also, bots tend to reply if a game is correctly made like "a private game is started named blabla" or something in that fashion.
if a player hosts... well, then you just have to hope you don't miss it XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneq

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 pm

to see the gamename you also have to be present in clan ufw channel, so you can see when someone hosts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:15 pm

The fact that i have to get up at 1:30 AM in the morning, tired, is frustrating enough.

But in the last 2 days i wasnt able to join games at all, mainly because i have to play the guessing game for when the ongoing game will end so that i can join, not only that, but the lobby each game almost get instafilled so unless i sit in the lobby for half an hour or so when i get up im guaranteed to lose the map host timing and then its back to waiting for another hour tired.

What should i do? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 am

costas84 wrote:
The fact that i have to get up at 1:30 AM in the morning, tired, is frustrating enough.

But in the last 2 days i wasnt able to join games at all, mainly because i have to play the guessing game for when the ongoing game will end so that i can join, not only that, but the lobby each game almost get instafilled so unless i sit in the lobby for half an hour or so when i get up im guaranteed to lose the map host timing and then its back to waiting for another hour tired.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of BNET and from the lack of population, it's very rare that we get more than 2 games going at the same time. Most players have to go through what you did as well.

My recommendation would be to keep a bot in channel so that you can look at the chat as conveniently as possible. Also ask for score to whoever is in the game. You can either ask me or TheWorstNewbie as we are in fate game quite often.

You can also ask someone to perform a !getgame command. Typical game of fate lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour, so based on how long the game has been going, you can estimate on when the game will end.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
TheWorstNewbie

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:13 am

but most of the time im afk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 am

l46kok wrote:
costas84 wrote:

My recommendation would be to keep a bot in channel so that you can look at the chat as conveniently as possible. Also ask for score to whoever is in the game. You can either ask me or TheWorstNewbie as we are in fate game quite often.

That would be helpful, but how do i get it and how does it work? I wont have to sit in the lobby(without doing anything) until the game is finished right? I can still watch anime episodes/play other games and still look at the chat via that bot right?

Also, how do i get the sound pack to work with the map?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 pm

costas84 wrote:
l46kok wrote:
costas84 wrote:

That would be helpful, but how do i get it and how does it work? I wont have to sit in the lobby(without doing anything) until the game is finished right? I can still watch anime episodes/play other games and still look at the chat via that bot right?

Also, how do i get the sound pack to work with the map?

We unfortunately don't give any support on bot usage but you can visit stealthbot's forum, look at their guide and set it up

http://www.stealthbot.net/forum/

For soundpack, assuming that you have installed your Warcraft 3 in the proper manner, all you have to do is just run the setup and it should automatically do everything for you.

If this doesn't work, you have to manually set the registry path yourself. If you do not know how to do this, just reinstall Warcraft 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
costas84

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:49 am

I only installed Warcraft 3 in a different path, nothing more.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will i know when to join a game?   

Back to top Go down

How will i know when to join a game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1