Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My thought on zero caster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Launcelot

PostSubject: My thought on zero caster   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Hey noobs, today I played in Asia server along with other koreans. I haven't seen really decent ZC in NA, so I did not understand why people say that character is so imbalance but after playing few games in clan fss, I realize that it is pretty damn imba.

More than anything like skills, castles, I would like to point out the creeps that ZC can spread. ZC is able to make lots of small creeps (like size of avenger's creeps). Those creeps are way faster than Caster's skeleton and even has the venom additional damage that actually hurt a lot.

Also, unless melee, it is very hard to kill.

Most importantly, if you are capable of doing so, you can spread those so well.

I was playing archer, and our team had rider, lancer, and saber. All of us could not bp or hrunt effectively because these small damn creeps follow us all the time, stopping regenerating with portion, showing our presence to enemy, and hardly killed.

Of course, you can argue that zc has to put so much focus on spreading those creeps but if you are capable of doing so (like my game in Kalimdor) this character is one of the gayiest character as you cant really do anything against these damn creeps (and these creeps dont give ANY exp and VERY small amount of gold)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 pm

imo, just give him a stat that increase creep atk/ms/atkspd/hp, the reason why his creeps are better than caster or avenger, is because he doesnt have a melee attack. just make it so that unless he specs creeps build, he cant be too op with creeps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simodino

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 am

Launcelot wrote:
Hey noobs, today I played in Asia server along with other koreans. I haven't seen really decent ZC in NA

Kok is included i guess XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laruku

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 am

Launcelot wrote:

I was playing archer, and our team had rider, lancer, and saber. All of us could not bp or hrunt effectively because these small damn creeps follow us all the time, stopping regenerating with portion, showing our presence to enemy, and hardly killed.

Wheres the "us" in bp and hrunt its u who failed noob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 am

If he lowered their health about 20 more they'd be alot easier to kill because some heroes wouldn't have to spam Q 2-3 times just to kill a single one. Which is pretty sad when Lancelot's max Q can't even kill any of them even with the entire duration of bleed. Doesn't even take them low enough to kill in 1 melee hit, takes 2-3 hits after duration of bleed. Which is odd because his Q does 397 damage total and they only have 380 health.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Launcelot

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Laruku wrote:
Launcelot wrote:

Wheres the "us" in bp and hrunt its u who failed noob.

LOLOLOL so you noticed. I was too lagging in Asia, I failed to bp or hrunt cuz of damn 5sec delay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:16 am

EternalDevote wrote:
If he lowered their health about 20 more they'd be alot easier to kill because some heroes wouldn't have to spam Q 2-3 times just to kill a single one. Which is pretty sad when Lancelot's max Q can't even kill any of them even with the entire duration of bleed. Doesn't even take them low enough to kill in 1 melee hit, takes 2-3 hits after duration of bleed. Which is odd because his Q does 397 damage total and they only have 380 health.
that means they have armor and/or magic resistance much like the servants themselves.

not sure if that is supposed to be. could be something to look into.

but i'm free for the rest of the year after today, i probably will try the new version a couple of times. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankiethefly

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am

To my own shame I have not tried zero caster yet, but from my observation it seems that he lacks the ability to spam spells(except blind I suppose) or have a diverse SP-Build and thus SP is just a STR-Sink.

I prefer a hero design like the new dark saber, where you have a lot of diversity including melee, spell, tank or a mix of that.
Fake Assassin is also very well designed as you can easily use all your sp for spam or get the powerful combo of pole + ganryuu or some melee for late game or Str like a noob.

It appears to me that one has tried to make the character play diverse instead of the SP-Build by giving him a shit ton of abilities to use without much SP-commitment needed just as it is with normal caster.

I prefer to have various pathways and commit myself to one of the paths or a mixture and stick to it the rest of the game. It adds to me some rpg-like element as you actually build a unique character instead of having an already finished character and just struggle with using that.

I don't think berserker is very well designed either but at least he has a very nice ultimate, powerful but argueably !difficult! to use and still can spam his spells, so he has to make a decision how much tanking ability he sacrifices for spell spam.

Please correct me if there are diverse SP-builds for zc out.

P.S.:

I also dislike any form of maphack, aka creeps that isn't very easily thwartable (owls, avenger creeps[Avenger spends 600 mana to summon them] are ok). Having such creeps puts removing the creeps to much in the focus instead of fighting the actual characters.
For me it is way more fun if there are big clashes of many chars, be it gank and counter gank or just running into eachother, trying to prevent ward removal.
If there are creeps it seems to me that camping and running is way more rewarding than actual rushing and fighting and I don't feel that is necessary.

Please consider making the sea monster the combo of caster like assassin clones with a reasonable cooldown and fundamentally changing zc gameplay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am

frankiethefly wrote:
To my own shame I have not tried zero caster yet, but from my observation it seems that he lacks the ability to spam spells(except blind I suppose) or have a diverse SP-Build and thus SP is just a STR-Sink.

I prefer a hero design like the new dark saber, where you have a lot of diversity including melee, spell, tank or a mix of that.
Fake Assassin is also very well designed as you can easily use all your sp for spam or get the powerful combo of pole + ganryuu or some melee for late game or Str like a noob.

It appears to me that one has tried to make the character play diverse instead of the SP-Build by giving him a shit ton of abilities to use without much SP-commitment needed just as it is with normal caster.

I prefer to have various pathways and commit myself to one of the paths or a mixture and stick to it the rest of the game. It adds to me some rpg-like element as you actually build a unique character instead of having an already finished character and just struggle with using that.

I don't think berserker is very well designed either but at least he has a very nice ultimate, powerful but argueably !difficult! to use and still can spam his spells, so he has to make a decision how much tanking ability he sacrifices for spell spam.

P.S.:

I also dislike any form of maphack, aka creeps that isn't very easily thwartable (owls, avenger creeps[Avenger spends 600 mana to summon them] are ok). Having such creeps puts removing the creeps to much in the focus instead of fighting the actual characters.
For me it is way more fun if there are big clashes of many chars, be it gank and counter gank or just running into eachother, trying to prevent ward removal.
If there are creeps it seems to me that camping and running is way more rewarding than actual rushing and fighting and I don't feel that is necessary.

Please consider making the sea monster the combo of caster like assassin clones with a reasonable cooldown and fundamentally changing zc gameplay.

Zero caster is completely getting revamped in Patch 1.4E due to most of the fundamental problems you have mentioned.

Here is a copy of Patchlog 1.4E I have posted in w3fate.. I haven't had time to actually translate it yet

Quote :

2012년 1월 8일 출시 예정
Fate / Another Ver 1.4E 패치로그

*확정되지 않은 사항들이므로, 언제든지 변경될 수 있습니다.

New Additions

리얼/심플: 어벤져의 신 스킬 "분진 폭발"을 추가하였습니다.

System Changes
리얼/심플: 데스매치/아레나용 "셀렉트 포지션 (Select Position)" 모드를 추가하였습니다.
리얼: 데스매치의 게임을 승리하는데 필요한 점수를 3/6/9/12서 6/12/18/24로 변경하였습니다.
리얼: 데스매치에서 라운드를 이기는 팀에게 지급되는 점수를 2점으로, 각 팀이 비길시에는 1점씩 지급되도록 변경하였습니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 처음 시작시 각 플레이어 마다 20 스탯 포인트가 지급됩니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 아군이 깃발 근처에 있을때 깃발을 회수할 수 있는 기능을 추가하였습니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 깃발이 자동으로 회수 되는 시간을 30초에서 20초로 감소시켰습니다.
심플: 개인전 모드에서 매 4분마다 적의 위치를 미니맵 핑으로 보여줍니다.

Bug Fixes
리얼/심플: 아발론 사용중인 세이버가 질드레의 신전폭발 피 구름에 들어올시 (초기 폭발 데미지가 아닌) 아발론 반사 기능이 발동되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼/심플: 질드레가 랜덤으로 선택이 안되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼/심플: 질드레의 스킬 사용시 대상 유닛에게 버프 아이콘이 제데로 적용되지 않는 현상을 수정했습니다.
리얼/심플: 캐스터 신전이 아이템을 사용하는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼: 데스매치에서 라운드 종료시 보티건의 쿨다운이 0으로 되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 한 팀이 깃발 회수시 아군 진영이 아닌 적 진영으로 회수되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 이유 없이 깃발이 사라지는 현상을 수정했습니다.
리얼: 깃발 뺏기 모드에서 한 진영에 깃발이 두개 이상 생성되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.
리얼: 질드레와 심해의 수마가 본진에서 일체화 한 후 본진을 떠날 시, 기본 상점이 전투 상점으로 변경되지 않는 점을 수정하였습니다.
리얼: 속성 "천지를 괴리하는 개벽의 별"의 텍스트 오류를 수정하였습니다.
심플: 개인전에서 질드레 소환물들이 이유 없이 운지하는 현상을 수정하였습니다. (이거 뭔 소린지 모름.. 리플좀 주세요)
심플: 질드레의 스킬 "시체 수집"을 사용할 시, 렉이 유발되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.

Balance Changes
리얼 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 속성 "나인성 교본 강화"를 배울 시, 증가하는 심해의 수마의 체력 회복률이 100에서 150으로 증가하였습니다.
- 속성 "나인성 교본 강화"를 배울 시, 심해의 수마의 이동속도가 200에서 250으로 증가합니다.
- 블라인드의 능력 효과가 대상의 시야/령주/아이템 완전 차단에서 대상의 시야를 150으로 낮춰주며 아이템/령주를 사용 가능으로 변경되었습니다.
- 블라인드의 지속시간을 0.8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2초에서 1/2/3/4/5초로 변경하였습니다.
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:
*1 스킬: 시체 폭발
*2 스킬: 나인성 교본 (스펠 북)
*3 스킬: 괴마 소환 (스펠 북)
*4 스킬: 심해의 수마
- 시체 폭발의 마력 소모량을 400에서 100으로 감소시켰습니다
- 시체 폭발의 데미지를 400/480/560/620/700에서 200/240/280/320/360으로 감소시켰습니다.
- 괴마 소환을 스펠 북 형태로 변경하였으며, 사역 가능한 괴마들이 추가됩니다 (본 글 맨 아래에 기재)
- 속성 "전염"의 명칭을 "흑마술 연계 강화"로 변경하였고, 습득할시에는 전염의 기존 능력 + 괴마 소환 스펠북의 쿨다운 속성을 "전체"에서 "개별"로 변경합니다.
- 신전 폭발의 초당 데미지가 완소포 효과를 무시하는 능력을 제거했습니다.

흑화 세이버
- 보티건의 쿨다운이 30초에서 50초로 증가하였습니다.
- 폭주의 지속 시간을 9/12/15/18/21초에서 11/12/13/14/15초로 변경하였습니다.
심플 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 블라인드의 능력 효과가 대상의 시야/령주/아이템 완전 차단에서 대상의 시야를 150으로 낮춰주며 아이템/령주를 사용 가능으로 변경되었습니다.
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:
- 속성 "전염"의 명칭을 "흑마술 연계 강화"로 변경하였고, 습득할시에는 전염의 기존 능력 + 괴마 소환 스펠북의 쿨다운 속성을 "전체"에서 "개별"로 변경합니다.

흑화 세이버

Miscellaneous Changes
리얼/심플: 아쳐의 모델 크기를 약간 낮췄습니다.
심플: 개인전 모드에 한해서 상점이 보유하고 있는 워드의 재고를 5개에서 8개로 증가시켰습니다.
심플: 개인전 모드에 한해서 패밀리어 가격이 600원에서 300원으로 감소시켰습니다.
리얼: 네비게이션의 가격을 1500원에서 1200원으로 감소시켰습니다.

괴마 소환에 추가되는 스킬들:
괴마 소환 Lvl 1. 마력 소모량 100
맹독 괴마
체력 330, 이동 속도 400
공격력 35-35 공격타입 크립, 근접 공격속도 빠름
체력리젠 7
맹독(기존과 동일)과 독기(50 데미지)를 지닌 괴마 3기 소환, 괴마 1기당 현상금 50
지속 시간 30초, 쿨다운 12초, 시체 3구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 2. 마력 소모량 200
늪의 괴마
체력 400, 이동 속도 300
공격력 10-10 공격타입 크립, 사거리 400 공격속도 보통
체력리젠 5
패시브: 늪수령
30% 확률로 피격된 적의 이동 속도를 -30% 3초간 느려지게 한다. 지속시간 30초,
쿨다운 16초, 시체 4구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 3. 마력 소모량 200
함정 괴마
체력 500, 이동 속도 0
공격력 없음
체력리젠 0
지정된 곳에 함정 괴마를 1기 소환합니다.
효과: 함정 괴마가 함정괴마가 버로우중인 범위 350안에 영웅이 접근시 1초후
폭발해서 데미지 500, 3초간 그 지점에 홀딩 (스턴이아니라 무빙만 금지)
지속시간 30초 쿨다운 30초 시체 2구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 4. 마력 소모량 200
감시 괴마
체력 100, 이동속도 400
공격없음
체력리젠0
기본적으로 은신상태며 비행할 수있다.
효과: 적들을 감시하기위해 괴마를 소환합니다. 워드로만 디텍팅됩니다.
쿨다운 30초, 지속시간 30초 시체 1구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 5. 마력 소모량 400
거대 괴마
체력 1600, 이동속도 300
공격력 130-130 공격타입 크립, 사거리 400 공격속도 보통
체력리젠 20
패시브: 디지즈 클라우드
주변 300범위 적에게 초당 20의 독데미지를 입히는 전염병 구름 생성.
포션을 끊는다.(단 대상을 죽일순없다.) 전염병구름은 오오라. 범위밖으로
벗어날 시 오오라가 사라지는것처럼 풀림
쿨다운 54초, 지속시간 30초 시체 10구 소모

I seriously need to hire someone to do this for me, I simply don't have time to post patchlogs in both languages.

But in short,

Birth Demon is being moved to 3rd skill and corpse explosion to 1st skill

Birth demon is now a spellbook type

And you require an ample number of corpses to summon the demons during battlefield. They also have an expiration timer.

This is done mostly to remove "Starcraft" style play in the game and make Zero caster more hero oriented, also to revive the concept of being a "summoner" during battles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
frankiethefly

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:05 am

Just a small idea that just came to my mind, if you wish to keep the idea of a summoner without enabling basically maphack and constant waves of summons, maybe use the system that the map "Predator" uses on the bear. Whenever it is too far away from the predator it gets an automatic tp back to him.

This way you could still use the summons for short range/medium scouting but zc has to actually be close and put himself to danger.

Its kind of a brute force method, but way easier to implement than to adjust the mana cost, dmg, hp and expiration time and so on of the creep.

This way you can really make the idea that creeps are zero casters melee true. (Imagining his skill summons 2 water elementals, like sorcerer that cant leave his side by much but get upgraded whenever zc spents pts into agi, dmg).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Launcelot

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:13 am

l46kok wrote:
frankiethefly wrote:

P.S.:

Zero caster is completely getting revamped in Patch 1.4E due to most of the fundamental problems you have mentioned.

Here is a copy of Patchlog 1.4E I have posted in w3fate.. I haven't had time to actually translate it yet

Quote :

2012년 1월 8일 출시 예정

New Additions

System Changes

Bug Fixes
리얼/심플: 아발론 사용중인 세이버가 질드레의 신전폭발 피 구름에 들어올시 (초기 폭발 데미지가 아닌) 아발론 반사 기능이 발동되는 현상을 수정하였습니다.

Balance Changes
리얼 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:

흑화 세이버
심플 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:

흑화 세이버

Miscellaneous Changes

괴마 소환에 추가되는 스킬들:
괴마 소환 Lvl 1. 마력 소모량 100
맹독 괴마
체력 330, 이동 속도 400
체력리젠 7
괴마 소환 Lvl 2. 마력 소모량 200
늪의 괴마
체력 400, 이동 속도 300
체력리젠 5
쿨다운 16초, 시체 4구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 3. 마력 소모량 200
함정 괴마
체력 500, 이동 속도 0
공격력 없음
체력리젠 0
지정된 곳에 함정 괴마를 1기 소환합니다.
괴마 소환 Lvl 4. 마력 소모량 200
감시 괴마
체력 100, 이동속도 400
공격없음
체력리젠0
기본적으로 은신상태며 비행할 수있다.
괴마 소환 Lvl 5. 마력 소모량 400
거대 괴마
체력 1600, 이동속도 300
체력리젠 20
벗어날 시 오오라가 사라지는것처럼 풀림

I seriously need to hire someone to do this for me, I simply don't have time to post patchlogs in both languages.

But in short,

And you require an ample number of corpses to summon the demons during battlefield. They also have an expiration timer.

This is done mostly to remove "Starcraft" style play in the game and make Zero caster more hero oriented, also to revive the concept of being a "summoner" during battles.

I can do patchlog for u .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:29 am

frankiethefly wrote:
Just a small idea that just came to my mind, if you wish to keep the idea of a summoner without enabling basically maphack and constant waves of summons, maybe use the system that the map "Predator" uses on the bear. Whenever it is too far away from the predator it gets an automatic tp back to him.

This way you could still use the summons for short range/medium scouting but zc has to actually be close and put himself to danger.

Its kind of a brute force method, but way easier to implement than to adjust the mana cost, dmg, hp and expiration time and so on of the creep.

This way you can really make the idea that creeps are zero casters melee true. (Imagining his skill summons 2 water elementals, like sorcerer that cant leave his side by much but get upgraded whenever zc spents pts into agi, dmg).

That is a SUPERB idea

VI SITTAR IMBA AS ALWAYS.

I will implement it asap
Back to top Go down
Arthuria

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 am

l46kok wrote:
frankiethefly wrote:

That is a SUPERB idea

VI SITTAR IMBA AS ALWAYS.

I will implement it asap

inb4 zc traps himself with large creep mobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Launcelot wrote:
l46kok wrote:
frankiethefly wrote:

P.S.:

Quote :

2012년 1월 8일 출시 예정

New Additions

System Changes

Bug Fixes

Balance Changes
리얼 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:

흑화 세이버
심플 버젼
캐스터 (질드레)
- 블라인드의 시전 시간을 제거하였습니다.
- 스킬 순서를 다음과 같이 변경하였습니다:

흑화 세이버

Miscellaneous Changes

괴마 소환에 추가되는 스킬들:
괴마 소환 Lvl 1. 마력 소모량 100
맹독 괴마
체력 330, 이동 속도 400
체력리젠 7
괴마 소환 Lvl 2. 마력 소모량 200
늪의 괴마
체력 400, 이동 속도 300
체력리젠 5
쿨다운 16초, 시체 4구 소모
괴마 소환 Lvl 3. 마력 소모량 200
함정 괴마
체력 500, 이동 속도 0
공격력 없음
체력리젠 0
지정된 곳에 함정 괴마를 1기 소환합니다.
괴마 소환 Lvl 4. 마력 소모량 200
감시 괴마
체력 100, 이동속도 400
공격없음
체력리젠0
기본적으로 은신상태며 비행할 수있다.
괴마 소환 Lvl 5. 마력 소모량 400
거대 괴마
체력 1600, 이동속도 300
체력리젠 20
벗어날 시 오오라가 사라지는것처럼 풀림

But in short,

I can do patchlog for u .

If you want to translate it and make a post, please do so. I'll make it an announcement once you do.

Visit w3fate for more recent one, the above one is slightly outdated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thought on zero caster   

Back to top Go down

My thought on zero caster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1