Clan UFW

Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nanaya Shiki

PostSubject: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 pm

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Houtengeki#Contents

A shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions, help make up for his low Magic Resistance under Kotomine Kirei by neutralizing most of it. Their defensive power is quite high, as the armor and mirror shield can repel Tohsaka Rin and Illyasviel von Einzbern's magecraft completely, and the shield capable of stopping the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon is capable of blocking Tsubame Gaeshi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killow69

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Im thinking that any weapon ever made is automaticly placed into his gate >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 am

doesn't seem like it according to this description:
Quote :
They are the original models of every legend, myth, and folklore, besides those like Excalibur, which Gilgamesh takes an interest in owning.

So, just use a goalkeeper on his ass or something, that should help XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:34 am

Nanaya Shiki wrote:

A shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions, help make up for his low Magic Resistance under Kotomine Kirei by neutralizing most of it. Their defensive power is quite high, as the armor and mirror shield can repel Tohsaka Rin and Illyasviel von Einzbern's magecraft completely, and the shield capable of stopping the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon is capable of blocking Tsubame Gaeshi.

The golden armor was quite obvious for magic resistance when he tanks the reflected Enuma and the light Avalon shot back at him in which he himself was not hurt, only his armor was now useless after tanking both of them.

Also GoB was just a vault of mass TREASURE, not just a vault of weapons.

Killow69 wrote:
Im thinking that any weapon ever made is automaticly placed into his gate >.>

Not ever made, just things made in his time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanaya Shiki

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 am

While Cú Chulainn has the Gáe Bolg that became famous, Gilgamesh possesses a weapon that later became the Gáe Bolg, but wasn't famous at the time Gilgamesh owned it. If weapons of a previous incarnation meet those that descended from them, such as Gram facing Caliburn, the deteriorated newer model will generally always lose.

So what this is saying is that Gilg holds pretty much the better versions of everyone's NP lolol

And it's not every weapon, it's the original Version of every weapon of earthly origin which are apparently stronger than it's newer more famous versions like Gram>Caliburn

Also I just realized Gilg could Broken Phantasm his GoB weapons because he opwns everything O_O BP a Rank A NP make it rank A+++?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:53 am

Nanaya Shiki wrote:
While Cú Chulainn has the Gáe Bolg that became famous, Gilgamesh possesses a weapon that later became the Gáe Bolg, but wasn't famous at the time Gilgamesh owned it. If weapons of a previous incarnation meet those that descended from them, such as Gram facing Caliburn, the deteriorated newer model will generally always lose.

So what this is saying is that Gilg holds pretty much the better versions of everyone's NP lolol

And it's not every weapon, it's the original Version of every weapon of earthly origin which are apparently stronger than it's newer more famous versions like Gram>Caliburn

Also I just realized Gilg could Broken Phantasm his GoB weapons because he opwns everything O_O BP a Rank A NP make it rank A+++?

Actually wouldn't it be the other way around with original vs later version. The major problem with the original is that there's no legend or one that's not widely known attached to them while the later version tends to have a more widely known legend giving it a nice boost in stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Brogath

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:29 am

Yden wrote:
Nanaya Shiki wrote:

Actually wouldn't it be the other way around with original vs later version. The major problem with the original is that there's no legend or one that's not widely known attached to them while the later version tends to have a more widely known legend giving it a nice boost in stats.
This sounds quite logical in case the weapon has a good legend hanging onto it.

but i know servants have strength based on fame. if this goes for the weapons is a complete other thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josph

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Nanaya Shiki wrote:

yes he could nanaya but he would lose that noble phantasm forever. remember he only has a fault of treasures meaning 1 original copy of it apart from ea sword which only he has. in this scenero when your working with broken phantasm, projection>gob because no servant wants to lose their noble phantasm to defeat one servant as there are 6 or (7 in fsn case) other servants to beat..

so if he broken phantasms ea sword, that sword would be lost forever but he'd probably blow up the whole planet...... to be honest... so i don't know if u would consider that ex+ or ex+++ rank or they would need to invent an even higher rank in that case...

rankings are letters... like a b c
if you look for the rankings of caladbolgll, it says unknown according to this link
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm

though it's at least b rank
so let's say its B+
B+ ---->A+ when used as broken phantasm

though gilgamesh would NEVER use broken phantasm on any of his treasures judging from his character. just look at Lancelot, he took like 2-3 swords with knight of honor which probably weren't even valuable to him yet he was ready to slaughter him for doing so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 am

Let alone Gilgamesh can't actually turn anything into a broken phantasm because it requires you to ACTUALLY BE A MAGI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 am

EternalDevote wrote:
Let alone Gilgamesh can't actually turn anything into a broken phantasm because it requires you to ACTUALLY BE A MAGI.

Actually the first fight vs zerker in UBW route, Rin comments on when Archer uses the broken phantasm for the first time. She said that it was an ability all servants were capable of but it very pointless because well it was a one time use option.
Back to top Go down
Nanaya Shiki

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 pm

And Gilg COULD use it without being pointless because he has like over 1,000,000,000 other weapons at his disposal hell he could BP his King's Wine from GoB if he wanted to. This is not saying he WOULD because he has an ego the size of a planet and would be like "I wouldn't waste my treasures defeating such worthless mongrels like you." unless it was Iskandar who was pretty much the only person he took seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Nanaya Shiki wrote:
And Gilg COULD use it without being pointless because he has like over 1,000,000,000 other weapons at his disposal hell he could BP his King's Wine from GoB if he wanted to. This is not saying he WOULD because he has an ego the size of a planet and would be like "I wouldn't waste my treasures defeating such worthless mongrels like you." unless it was Iskandar who was pretty much the only person he took seriously.

There's also the fact that Gil doesn't have active knowledge of everything in there. There may be some things that are incredibly powerful in there that he doesn't even realize he has.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP   

Back to top Go down

I didn't know Gate of Babylon was THAT OP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1