Clan UFW

Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Being Lancer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Milky Holmes

avatar

Rank : Avenger (12) Posts : 245
Join date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:58 am

josph wrote:
EternalDevote wrote:

Seeing as Shinji and Shirou were basically not even Magi, of course they're worse masters than Ilya. Atleast Shirou had magic circuits, Shinji had none so why even bring him up as a comparison to Ilya.

Lancer could've teamed up with Gilg seeing as the grail only requires 6 servants to die to become fully powered.

Yes, shirou being worse master then ilya but wins the all 3 grail wars which just proves my point even more that plot>stats in fsn

If lancer teamed up with Gilg, he would win a war doing virtually absolutely nothing

in any case, i wouldn't say that lancer is a weak servant in fate/stay night but gae bolg is really denied in fsn by nasu. for example instinct>gae bolg, the element of luck>gae bolg...rho..ect

Except it doesn't "prove" anything except that Shirou...you know...teamed up with Rin every time, so he had backup. And you say "plot" but power isn't everything and you can still lose if you are stronger than someone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 am

EternalDevote wrote:
Yden wrote:
Technically Shirou would be a Magi, just not a very good one. He's more of a first generation magi without the crest that's normally passed down through generations of a family.

Or the training to actually use his circuits properly ._.

Remember how Archibald made a big deal with Waver's thesis on hard work saying magic doesn't work like that. Traditionally magic is based on countless generations of research passed on through the family crest. Since Shirou lacks a crest that was passed on to him, it'd be fairly obvious that he'd be lacking as a proper magus. In theory, he could turn everything he's learned into a crest of his own to pass down to his kid starting a new family of magus. Of course with the way he acts, it highly unlikely he'll do so but the though of a family of fakers would be interesting and unique seeing as his method of projection is vastly different from other magi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
ZonMachi

avatar

Rank : Lancelot (8) Posts : 256
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 am

Yden wrote:
EternalDevote wrote:
Yden wrote:
Technically Shirou would be a Magi, just not a very good one. He's more of a first generation magi without the crest that's normally passed down through generations of a family.

Or the training to actually use his circuits properly ._.

Remember how Archibald made a big deal with Waver's thesis on hard work saying magic doesn't work like that. Traditionally magic is based on countless generations of research passed on through the family crest. Since Shirou lacks a crest that was passed on to him, it'd be fairly obvious that he'd be lacking as a proper magus. In theory, he could turn everything he's learned into a crest of his own to pass down to his kid starting a new family of magus. Of course with the way he acts, it highly unlikely he'll do so but the though of a family of fakers would be interesting and unique seeing as his method of projection is vastly different from other magi.

There is also the fact that his wife would probably be either Rin or Sakura, both being members of the Tohsaka family, so the child possibly could gain the magic circuits necessary. Although, the conviction of the children would not necessarily become Unlimited Blade Works so they might not even obtain access to Trace magic due to it requiring materials from Unlimited Blade Works. They might at the least gain his ability to analyze structures of objects instantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:47 am

Tracing doesn't require materials from UBW though. Projection is a pretty basic magical ability but seen as worthless because via traditional magecraft methods they pretty much only copy the form of the item. Also there's no real point to tracing a sword with magic when you can outright go out and buy one of better quality without spending the mana. Shirou's method of projection is copies more than that shape and like you said also analyze their structures. That would most likely be the thing that is passed down making a family of blacksmith type magus.

Also it would only really matter if Rin became his wife because she also has her family crest to pass down. If Sakura was the mother, they wouldn't have any other magic type to really pass down since I highly doubt she would ever want to pass down anything related to those crest worms to her kids. Also in general, the children of magus mainly share the same origin as the parents (there are exceptions) so there should be a good amount of natural compatibility with anything passed down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester
avatar

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 25
Location : New Canada that's in the sky above old Canada

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Yden wrote:
Tracing doesn't require materials from UBW though. Projection is a pretty basic magical ability but seen as worthless because via traditional magecraft methods they pretty much only copy the form of the item. Also there's no real point to tracing a sword with magic when you can outright go out and buy one of better quality without spending the mana. Shirou's method of projection is copies more than that shape and like you said also analyze their structures. That would most likely be the thing that is passed down making a family of blacksmith type magus.

Also it would only really matter if Rin became his wife because she also has her family crest to pass down. If Sakura was the mother, they wouldn't have any other magic type to really pass down since I highly doubt she would ever want to pass down anything related to those crest worms to her kids. Also in general, the children of magus mainly share the same origin as the parents (there are exceptions) so there should be a good amount of natural compatibility with anything passed down.

And the fact that without both Sword element and Sword origin projection requires an extreme amount of mana and only lasts for a couple seconds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 pm

EternalDevote wrote:
Yden wrote:
Tracing doesn't require materials from UBW though. Projection is a pretty basic magical ability but seen as worthless because via traditional magecraft methods they pretty much only copy the form of the item. Also there's no real point to tracing a sword with magic when you can outright go out and buy one of better quality without spending the mana. Shirou's method of projection is copies more than that shape and like you said also analyze their structures. That would most likely be the thing that is passed down making a family of blacksmith type magus.

Also it would only really matter if Rin became his wife because she also has her family crest to pass down. If Sakura was the mother, they wouldn't have any other magic type to really pass down since I highly doubt she would ever want to pass down anything related to those crest worms to her kids. Also in general, the children of magus mainly share the same origin as the parents (there are exceptions) so there should be a good amount of natural compatibility with anything passed down.

And the fact that without both Sword element and Sword origin projection requires an extreme amount of mana and only lasts for a couple seconds.

Nothing 50 generations of magical research can't fix!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
YHWH

avatar

Rank : Lancer (5) Posts : 732
Join date : 2010-05-18
Age : 31
Location : brasil we are the best!

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 am

Yden wrote:
EternalDevote wrote:
Yden wrote:
Tracing doesn't require materials from UBW though. Projection is a pretty basic magical ability but seen as worthless because via traditional magecraft methods they pretty much only copy the form of the item. Also there's no real point to tracing a sword with magic when you can outright go out and buy one of better quality without spending the mana. Shirou's method of projection is copies more than that shape and like you said also analyze their structures. That would most likely be the thing that is passed down making a family of blacksmith type magus.

Also it would only really matter if Rin became his wife because she also has her family crest to pass down. If Sakura was the mother, they wouldn't have any other magic type to really pass down since I highly doubt she would ever want to pass down anything related to those crest worms to her kids. Also in general, the children of magus mainly share the same origin as the parents (there are exceptions) so there should be a good amount of natural compatibility with anything passed down.

And the fact that without both Sword element and Sword origin projection requires an extreme amount of mana and only lasts for a couple seconds.

Nothing 50 generations of magical research can't fix!

Or winning the superpower lottery big time... Although that also translates to more meetings with Eldritch Abominations than one'd consider healthy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:52 am

Poor Lancer



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester
avatar

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 25
Location : New Canada that's in the sky above old Canada

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Is that a real game lol?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Minigame in F/HA I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
Yden

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 32
Location : The OC

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nanoha.10.forumer.com/
EternalDevote
Fate/Another Official Tester
avatar

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 25
Location : New Canada that's in the sky above old Canada

PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm

servant strengthening kit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Being Lancer   

Back to top Go down
 
Being Lancer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan UFW :: Miscellaneous :: Random Chat-
Jump to: