Warcraft 3 USEast Clan for Fate / Another

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Vapor's sword rain theory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vaporaction

PostSubject: Vapor's sword rain theory   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 am

Hi guys I've been testing out SR recently and have found a discovery on how to aim it wherever you want it to land.
So I'm going to start this topic and try to show the ideal places to SR.

Where will SR hit if I aim it over here?

Question 1

Spoiler:

Answer 1
Spoiler:

Question 2

Spoiler:

Answer 2
Spoiler:

Question 3
Spoiler:

Answer 3
Spoiler:

Question 4
Spoiler:

Answer 4
Spoiler:

IF for some reason you are mentally handicapped and cant see where the swords are dropping in proportion SR, than I have created a few MS paint drawings approximating where SR will hit:

NOTE THESE ARE VERY ROUGH SKETCHES AND ARE NOT 100% CORRECT (IE I PAINTED RED OVER A FEW PLACES WHERE SWORDS WILL NEVER HIT (IE TOP RIGHT SEALS FOR FIRST PICTURE.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The grand majority of swords will drop in about 2/3 way from where you cast the SR. Or an easy way to think of it is: where there are seals SR will not hit. Where there are no seals it will hit. Of course there is an exact point on the screen in this red circle of death where the most amount of swords do in fact come out. However while I think I have figured it out- explaining it is a bit too hard with just pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaporaction

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

If people want me to update the ms paint and make it 100% accurate I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

I would say sword rain is 10% SKILL(F placement) and 90% randomness. it's not always the same, but it has some pattern.
and the koreans(like that archer from first replay I uploaded) abuse that pattern lolol.

damn that faggot gets all swordrain in

P.S: Moved to Guides

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 am

Zero wrote:
I would say sword rain is 10% SKILL(F placement) and 90% randomness. it's not always the same, but it has some pattern.
and the koreans(like that archer from first replay I uploaded) abuse that pattern lolol.

damn that faggot gets all swordrain in

P.S: Moved to Guides

I actually spent like 20 minutes looking to see if there was a pattern and there isn't any. But to say it's 90% randomness is just absurd. It's about 25% randomness and 75% placement. I mean there are times when 12-14 swords can hit a person (like under 1% of the SRs)- but if you aim it right you will most certainly get at least 4 swords hitting each time.

Also if you pay attention the swords will never hit where there are seals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

well, i'm not an archer user so I never tested it myself. but what i've heard from most of the korean users and cafe they say it's just super luck. ofc, the percentage i got is from a thread i read on the cafe also.

anyways, screw it archer sucks lolololol

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm

KOK ARCHER SUCKS AGAINST KOREANS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macgrady

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

Sword Rain changes with every game. The pattern is different every game but remains the same in that one particular game. If you want to memorize the pattern easier. Use Cam 150 in UBW. Have a look and you'll realize that there's a pattern to it when you use your F. From there you need to memorize how the Sword Rain comes down and place it. You're testing with default camera view on UBW that's why it's harder to view the pattern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:53 am

lol.. i never heard of that.

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

macgrady wrote:
Sword Rain changes with every game. The pattern is different every game but remains the same in that one particular game. If you want to memorize the pattern easier. Use Cam 150 in UBW. Have a look and you'll realize that there's a pattern to it when you use your F. From there you need to memorize how the Sword Rain comes down and place it. You're testing with default camera view on UBW that's why it's harder to view the pattern.

I haven't seen ANY patterns. I'm 100000% this is just random chance screwing you in the ass. However, the red crap that I outlined has parts where it does hit more (probably more random swords to choose from.) And parts where it doesn't hit at all such as all of the seals. However the AoE still does manage to hit the seals on the outer edge, and will almost touch the seals on the inner circle. Placement is especially important because of the overlap of the sword's AoE, and the frequency some of them hit in certain places. Meaning that if you aim for the outer edges, you should be content with 1-2 swords, but if you aim for where the red crap is outlined in my drawings you should be expecting at least 5 swords each time. And if you aim directly over a hero 0-1 would be what you should expect. Of course it's possible if you aim the outer edges you can still get 5 hits, but if that happens it means that AT LEAST 5 would hit if you aimed it better-possibly more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kogasa

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 pm

This thread requires more Meth-, I mean Myth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dun

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

It is said there are certain places where allow you to wtf10rainspwn at 5 O' clock and 11 O' clock area

Whatever, suck it. Only those with no life would play archer anyways.

Believe me. I'd still say the worst days of my FSN life were with archer and zerker...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l46kok
Fate Another Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Dun wrote:
It is said there are certain places where allow you to wtf10rainspwn at 5 O' clock and 11 O' clock area

Believe me. I'd still say the worst days of my FSN life were with archer and zerker...

D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanufw.darkbb.com
macgrady

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Dun wrote:

QFT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FateAvelncts

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I thought the original script for sword rain is rain of chaos ==..
Notice that when u activated certain program to see units, or any code (ex. in debugging purpose) you can see that where sword rain fall, there will be unit created temporarily at that position.

Any other easy way to see this, just hold alt when using sword rain, and you can see the unit hp bar...

When using 'Jass', this unit creation is simply unneeded (and could be say wasted script), thus the only reason I can think is that the creator exploit the orginal script for 'Rain of Chaos' instead of creating his own script...

In other word, the red area marked by the first post, is where it most likely to fall, it follow rain of chaos pattern. Still, it is 50% luck.. If there is skill, you use boundary to shift where the unit fall by a bit, do't go too far out of boundary, else it won't work (Sword rain fall outside of ubw)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vapor's sword rain theory   

Back to top Go down

Vapor's sword rain theory
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1